BROWNBILL - St. Kitts / Nevis

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

BROWNBILL - St. Kitts / Nevis

Postby Tumaini » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:46 am

Hi there! Seeking information about the surname Brownbill on St. Kitts/Nevis. Any information about folk who carried/carry that name would be appreciated. I found a Brownbill late of St. Kitts who is a gallery artist in New York. I'm going to try to make contact.
Tumaini
Tumaini

Re: BROWNBILL - St. Kitts / Nevis

Postby HansM » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:16 am

My 3x great grandmother was a Brownbill from St Kitts who went to Montserrat. I am connected through her to the Dyetts, Walls and Titleys. Do you have any information?
HansM

Postby Tumaini » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:34 am

Hi there! Please excuse the length of time it took me to respond. December is a busy month. I just saw the notice from Carsur Admin tonight, while attempting to clear out old emails, Thank you for your patience!

My Grandmother's maiden name was Sarah Cassandra Brownbill. I am looking for the genealogy of that line of the the family. My Grandmother had 4 sibs, 2 boys and 2 girls. I don't know who was oldest. One of my Grandmother's brothers had a different last name. He was Joseph Leader. Her other brother was Alfred but I don't remember ever hearing his last name mentioned, so perhaps it was irrevelant because he also was a Brownvill. Her sisters were Liddie and May. May was the younget, and I was intimately associated with from age 12 to age 26, when she died in Jamaica.

I looked up the surname in a genealogy site's records run by a British historical group who were keepimg track of who was freed as a result of the great . out of plantation slavers in the 1830's in the Caribbean, by the British government. A Brownbill was listed, and 3 young men were listed who would have been of about the correct age to be my Great Grandfather, at this time of British emancipation . My Grand Aunt, May, told me her father was of mixed Scottish Ancestry. I have no verification for that. As well as posting on the site, where others may benefit, you can also email me to allow our communications to be more timely. I check my emails, if not every day then at least every other day. Please use BROWNBILL, ST. KITTS/NEVIS as subject, so I can mark it VIP, not to miss it. Thank you. I am very grateful for your correspondence. Remain well. A very healthy, joyful, prosperous New Year to you and yours!

Sincerely,

Tumaini
Tumaini

Postby Tumaini » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:36 am

My Grandmother married Charles Martin of SKN.
Tumaini

Return to Surnames B