MILES - Barbados, Whitepark

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).
cshepherd

MILES - Barbados, Whitepark

Post by cshepherd » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:34 am

Hi there, I am looking for relatives of my grandfather Cecil Miles. He lived in Barbados. I don't know his birth-date but he passed between the years of 1955 - 1963. He worked as a police officer in Barbados and lived in Whitepark with his wife (her name is unknown to me) but, she is my grandmother. Cecil had 4 siblings; Victor, Stanley and Neville and Dorothy. Dorothy married and changed her surname to Bishop and lived in Eastern Canada up until 2001 or 2002 when I believe she may have passed away. I honestly do not know if any of Cecil's siblings are still living.

Carole

Clowe

Re: MILES - Barbados, Whitepark

Post by Clowe » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:57 am

Hello Carol, I grew up in Saint James and there was a family called Miles, it is not a very popular name, Since whitepark is just above they may be a connection.

cshepherd

Post by cshepherd » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:09 pm

Hello and thank you for your response.

I have so many messages out there regarding my family. I am very happy to get your message. I will be travelling to Barbados in March this year and I would really like to find even a name of someone that may welcome contact from me. I know very little about my father's family especially his fathers side of the family. I do not know my grandmother's name. Would you happen to know or remember any of that Miles' family from St. James? I believe Cecil Miles was a police officer and as far as I knew had one son named Victor Shepherd who attended primary school at Wesley Hall in Whitepark probably during the years of 1935 - 1945 approximately.

Thank you again for contacting me,
Carole Shepherd

Clowe

Post by Clowe » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:12 am

The Miles I knew came from Thorpes housing area now known as Haynesville St. James. He is well known because he has a lot of apartments built behind his home.

cshepherd

Post by cshepherd » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:34 pm

Oh I see...I know that my grandfather had three brothers and one sister. I believe his brothers were in the carpentry business at one time. I'm sure careers can change during the course of ones life and, this information I have dates back to the 1920's. Who knows? Thank you for what you have told me about this family. I will definitely consider this information at the Dept of Archives when I search for any records of Cecil.

Return to “Barbados”